Just a roaring good time...

11:04:00 PM


Photo Credits Warner Bros. Pictures-2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

I've always loved "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. When I read it as an assigned book for my junior year American literature class, I was drawn to the glamor and glitz of the roaring 20's but also the tragedy of the tale. I know a ridiculous amount of students pick it as their favorite book when talking to admissions counselors or in a classy conversation, but I still love it. I was ecstatic when I found out that Baz Lurhman (the director of one of my all time favorite films, Moulin Rouge) was directing a new film based on the American classic. I was also ridiculously excited to find out it would be staring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, and Isla Fischer. I can't wait to see the costume design for the film (I've always had a thing for 1920's flapper girl style) and knowing Baz Lurhman it will be amazingly detailed. So excited to see it in almost a year: apparently it's being released in December of 2012! Until then, I eagerly await more news about the film and trailers for the film.

Check out more about the film here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343092/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram