Music Pick of the Week

6:56:00 PM

As I embark on the journey that is my senior thesis, I look to inspirational songs to keep me motivated. Florence + the Machine is one of those bands that excels at creating catchy, upbeat, motivational tunes that get you going ("Dog Days Are Over", anyone?). My love for Florence + the Machine is composed of a variety of factors. 1) Florence Welch is easily one of the coolest red heads on the face of the planet and makes me wish I were a ginger. 2) Their costumes for music videos and even live performances are decadent and detailed. 3) They make good, nay, great music. Off of their newest album Ceremonials, "Shake it Out" is an awesomely upbeat song about new beginnings and the inevitable setbacks the precede a moment of happiness. It's getting me ready to face the music and finally start writing my thesis.



"I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
Cause I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn"
-Florence + The Machine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram