Music Pick of the Week

9:14:00 PM

Sorry I've been pretty inactive here lately.  I've been crazy busy writing a legal memo. Oh the many joys of law school.

Speaking of the law, have you been following the DOMA and Prop 8 cases in oral arguments before the Supreme Court? It's a big moment for all Americans.  Marriage equality is a huge issue that has involved a very heated debate from a variety of perspectives.  I for one, am a proponent for equality for all Americans and I hope the Supreme Court does what is ethically right and recognizes that DOMA (the Defense of Marriage Act), Prop 8, and all other forms of discrimination based on sexual orientation are unconstitutional.  I hope that America can become a place where truly all people are treated equally under the law.  Two consenting adults in a committed and loving relationship should be recognized and receive all the benefits that come with being married.  Most importantly: love is love.  And like Beyonce said in a recent instagram/tumblr post: "If you like it you should be able to put a ring on it."  Considering the magnitude of this moment in history, this music pick of the week is one of my favorite songs from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert called "Same Love".  It's a beautiful video with a great message (especially considering hip hop is notoriously homophobic). Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are also just all around awesome in general.




What do you think? Isn't this song beautiful!



Also, watch this video. It's one of my favorite PSA's of all time.



So sweet! 


**Disclaimer: although I typically don't receive comments on this blog...I ask that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram