23

2:56:00 PM



I can't believe I'm officially 23.  Seriously, where has time gone? It feels like just yesterday I was a baby-faced 18 year old ready to take on college. To celebrate the big 2-3 we went to lunch at a Denver classic, Wynkoop Brewing Company.  They had a great variety of beers and delicious meal options.  Yesterday evening, my Maine man and I also went for drinks and appetizers at TAG (go there and get the taco sushi, just do it) before heading to Comedy Works to see with the fantastic musical duo Garfunkel and Oates.  These ladies were hilarious and if they're coming to a comedy club near you, you should definitely see them. Imagine your best girlfriends making dirty but still funny jokes while also playing instruments.

Although yesterday was a fun-filled extravaganza of delicious food, amazing drinks, and fantastic stand-up, I also have been spending the past few weeks reflecting.  I have been preoccupied with thoughts about who I am as a person and who I want to be when I grow up (if I ever grow up). This birthday was a big one.  I know it wasn't my 21st or any other landmark year, but this past year I went through a lot of transitions.  I moved to a city where I had no connections, went to law school, did (and continue to do) the long distance thing, and left behind my family and friends.  Even though this past year was a struggle, I'm glad I survived relatively intact.  It made me appreciate the amazing support networks I have in my life as well as the opportunities that have been presented to me. Hell, what's life without some bumps in the road?  Most importantly, my 23rd birthday marks the beginning of a new chapter.  I'm starting over in Denver, working hard to stay connected to my friends, and planning on staying true to my goals (no matter what anyone else says).  If anything, I learned to stick to my guns and to trust my gut.  Not to get all sentimental and sappy on you guys, but we're on this earth for just a little while, why not make it count?

Love,

Leah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram