New York Eats and Drinks

7:17:00 PM

Oh New York, so many restaurants and bars so little time.  Here are a few little blurbs about my favorite spots from my most recent trip to the Big Apple.

Brooklyn

Paulie Gee's
When you go to New York, you have to get pizza.  Simple right? But oh my god there are so many pizza places it's almost impossible to choose.  Luckily my New Yorker friends suggested we hit up the amazing Paulie Gee's.  The warm and inviting dining space was the perfect retreat from a cold, rainy, night.  I got the Greenpointer: a thin crust pizza covered with fresh mozzarella, baby arugula, olive oil, fresh lemon juice and shaved parmigiano reggiano.  I also stole a slice of my friend's pizza, the Hometown Brisket covered with fresh mozzarella, beef brisket, house pickled red onions and a drizzle of hometown BBQ sauce.  Both were incredible.  The Greenpointer was light and refreshing while the Hometown Brisket was rich and flavorful.  Oh, and they have fantastic local beers on draft.


Lulu's
Speaking of pizza...At Lulu's when you order a drink ($8 or more), you get a free pizza.  That's right, A FREE PIZZA! On a side note Lulu's also plays great music and has a pool table.  Best way to end a fun night out on the town.



Caffe Spina
My blogger friend Hannah wrote about Caffe Spina in her Greenpoint Guide so I had to check it out.  Definitely worth a visit.  It's a unique store where you can get coffee and crazy good doughnuts but also pick up sweet little succulents and a bouquet of flowers.  I picked up the hibiscus doughnut and it was unreal.



East Village

Rue B
With Happy Hour from 5-9 pm (HALF PRICED DRINKS!!!) and a low key vibe, Rue B is the perfect spot to meet up with friends for drinks and small plates.  I wish I could remember the name of the drink I got- a delicious concoction involving ginger and vodka.  Great prices with a fun atmosphere.

MudSpot
Mudspot Café & Restaurant is a fantastic spot for brunch.  The cafe mocha is unbelievable and there are too many great choices for entrees on the menu.  I had such a hard time choosing but I ended up ordering the Bagel and Lox.  It was delish.






Midtown
Friend of a Farmer

An oasis of calm in the midst of Midtown, Friend of a Farmer feels like a small town restaurant.   With a rustic interior and multiple fireplaces, it's a cozy spot to grab a quick breakfast.  I chose the Carrie Dee Buttermilk Pancakes- traditional pancakes "bursting" (their words, not mine) with homemade apple butter.  So decadent!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram