Apartment Hunting Part 4: We Found a Place!

3:48:00 PM

The apartment search has been exhausting to say the least.  Between cancelled showings and not getting applications in fast enough, it was looking pretty abysmal.  Luckily, last week we finally got some good news. An apartment I spotted on craigslist at our price point and in one of our favorite neighborhoods popped up. It didn't have pictures but I decided to ask for a showing regardless and if the landlord could send pictures.  The minute I saw pictures of the unit I fell in love.  Gorgeous hardwood floors, a spectacular kitchen, a bathroom with a claw foot tub, and a cozy little bedroom.  I decided that this property had to be ours.  The landlord directed me to the current tenant who was showing the properties.  Initially she said there were 3 showings scheduled and I would have to see the place at 8:30.  Eek.  That's a lot of potential people to get their applications before me.  PLUS I had friend visiting from out of town who were supposed to arrive right around the showing time.  Since I'm currently living 30 min from the city that was a no-go.  I waffled for a while and expressed my frustration with finding an apartment.  Call it luck or a divine intervention, the tenant offered to show me the apartment at 7:15 before the other prospective renters. When I arrived I fell head over heels in love with the building.  The apartment was even more beautiful than pictures.  The current tenant provided tons of info about the apartment and the building.  I immediately filled out the application.  After 24 hours I signed the lease and submitted the deposit.  The apartment is ours! I can't wait to move in July 1st. It all worked out in the end.  Hopefully the move goes smoothly!

P.S I'll post pictures of the place when I get the keys.

Maggie's Cutest House in Georgetown | Apartment Therapy 
{source}

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram