Maine Scenes

7:23:00 PM

This Thanksgiving, Steve and I headed back east. It was the first time I had been back since 2013!  We visited Steve's family all over Maine and spent some much needed time with college friends in Boston.  Even though it was a jam-packed trip it was amazing spending time in a beautiful state with loved ones. We drove up and down Route 1 and had beautiful views of the rivers, bays and forests that are quintessential Maine. We spent a few nights in a cabin in Orrington where we had picture perfect views of a lake.  Unfortunately we missed peak foliage but we did get to enjoy crisp fall air and lots of real apple cider. 


Lately, when work gets tough and life is downright exhausting, I fantasize about going back to Maine for a vacation.  I daydream about visiting Steve's family camp, chowing down on lobster rolls and picking fresh blueberries right off the bush.  I hope I can visit earlier in the fall to see the foliage in a few years when I've finally finished grad school and my life doesn't revolve around semesters.  In the middle of this reminiscing, I stumbled upon the artist Caren-Marie Michel.  Her work focuses on Maine landscapes (and even a Boulder, CO one too).  I love how well she captures the colors and stunning scenery of Vacationland.


Maine Landscape Painting Katahdin Lake 14-3 

Maine Landscape Scarborough Marsh 

Maine Landscape Painting Katahdin Lake 14-4 

Maine Landscape Painting Katahdin Lake 12 

Her pieces are really affordable and I'm hoping to pick one out soon so I have a little reminder of one of my favorite places in the world.  You can check out more of her work on her blog, her Etsy page or her website.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram