Wedding Bells.

6:06:00 PM

One of my best friends from growing up is getting married! We've been friends since we were in diapers and despite limited contact in high school and college we've been able to reconnect in recent years.  She's one of those friends that years can go by without talking to each other and when we meet up again we just pick up right where we left off.  I felt so honored and blessed to be chosen as part of her bridal party.  Fun fact: her mom was in my mom's bridal party. It's pretty crazy that we used to dress up Barbies in wedding dresses and now I'm helping her pick out her wedding dress. 

Best Friends Forever!

Today she booked her appointment at the J.Crew Wedding Store in New York City! My tickets are booked and I can't wait for a fun-filled dress shopping weekend!  J.Crew has incredible wedding dresses.  Each dress is elegant with subtle details, perfect for a low-key bride.  Indulge me for a moment as I share five of my personal favorites:

Karlie ball gown



Arabelle gown



Nadia gown



Eyelash lace gown 

{source


Heidi gown


Beautiful right? 

I'm thrilled to be a part of such a major life event, especially a moment with so much meaning.  Weddings are filled with symbols and traditions: the bride's dress, her father walking her down the isle, the vows, the rings, the list goes on and on.  For me, one of the most exciting things about being a bridesmaid is to help celebrate old rituals and to create new ones.   A wedding dress has so many layers of meaning.  There's the western traditions around the white dress and notions of purity.  Now it's about the bride's style and expressing herself as a person.  Dress shopping is going to be a fun, emotional, and meaningful event.  Two months until we head to NYC!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram