Trattoria Stella

9:56:00 AM

I love stumbling upon an amazing restaurant.  Last year my mom, step-dad, and I had just finished the Walk to End Alzheimer's in City Park and were looking for a great place for brunch.  By sheer luck we ended up at Trattoria Stella.  I'm glad we did because our brunch was one of the best brunches I have ever had.  Since that memorable meal, I've been meaning to go back and take Steve with me.  Yesterday we were in the area looking for apartments and decided to stop by for lunch. Oh my god, best decision ever.  It took us a solid 15 minutes to decide what to order.  Based on our waiter's recommendation, I ordered the fried green tomato sandwich and the house salad with an orange fennel dressing.  


It was INCREDIBLE.  The fried green tomatoes were perfect: lightly battered, juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.  My mouth could barely handle the flavor combination of basil, arugula, fresh ricotta cheese, and their house-made chili aioli.  On a hot day it was such a refreshing sandwich.  Never have I ever referred to a sandwich as refreshing before.


The space is warm and inviting too.  The outdoor patio is perfect for people watching and enjoying the Colorado spring weather (70 degrees and sunny!)  When Steve and I move to Capitol Hill, City Park West, or Cheesman Park, I have a feeling we'll be visiting Trattoria Stella more frequently.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram