Elsmore Family Christmas Cookies

8:52:00 AM

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I hope you're having a relaxing and fun holiday season.  This time of year is the best!  Lots of quality time with family, good food, a fun to be had (which is the main reason why I haven't been blogging).  The presents are purchased and wrapped.  The whole house is decorated and feeling festive.  And of course, there has been a lot of cooking, baking and eating in our household.  A few days ago I made Christmas cookies.  I baked traditional iced sugar cookies and my Nana's favorite cornflake wreaths.  I also made a family recipe: Becky's Butter Riches.  They are an Elsmore family tradition.  Here's the recipe:

For the cookies you'll need:

1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
4 - 4 1/2 cups flour

Mix ingredients & roll into 1 inch balls & bake on greased cookie sheet  at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes

For the frosting:
1/2 cups browned butter
5 cups powdered Sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
6-8 tablespoons milk

Brown the butter in a medium sauce pan.  Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.  The frosting should be thick and rich.

They're super easy to make and by far my favorite Christmas cookie,  I hope you like them too!

 Photo Credit: Leah Elsmore 2012

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram