Voodoo Doughnuts

5:01:00 PM

This morning I had to be downtown pretty earlier to run some apartment related errands and decided that it would be the perfect day to finally go to the highly rated Denver location of Voodoo Doughnut on Colfax Avenue.  Voodoo Doughnuts started in Portland, OR and has several shops there.  The Denver location is their first expansion outside of Oregon.  While waiting in line (for 20 min) I was checking my instagram feed when I noticed that today happened to be National Doughnut Day! Crazy coincidence, no?



Anyways, I needed the 20 minutes in line to decide on which doughnuts to get.  They have SO many options (even when they ran out of all of the cake doughnuts).   I was entranced by the cereal coated choices as well as their crazy variety of jelly filled. 



In the end I went for more traditional doughnuts.  I choose the Colfax Creme, Portland Creme, the Voodoo, Chocolate Ring, the Classic Glaze, and the daily special the Homer (a doughnut with vanilla pink icing and sprinkles like in the Simpsons).  Absolutely amazing.  I can understand the hype surrounding this amazing doughnut shop.  Plus I love their signature pink boxes.


Things to remember when visiting Voodoo Doughnut- don't go when you are in a hurry, it's cash only BUT they do have an ATM, and don't park in the lot behind the building or you'll get towed or ticketed.  Oh, and it's open 24/7.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram