The Best Stout Brownies

9:11:00 PM

I don't know about you but I love brownies.  Delicious, chocolatey, glorious brownies.  Over the past few months I've been experimenting with different brownie recipes and I'm ready to share a few of my favorites.  First up: the perfectly fudgy and rich stout brownies.  I used this recipe from Foodie Crush with a few minor tweeks. Adding a stout to brownies gives it a decadent richness.   I promise, you can't taste the beer.


Nomz



Ingredients:
1/2 cup stout
10 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 eggs
1 cup flour 
I used Left Hand Brewing Company's Milk Stout.  It is a great stout on its own and PERFECT in these brownies.  I also added a little more than the 10 ounces of chocolate, probably closer to 12 :)


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9" X 9" baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Bring the stout to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside to cool.  It's okay if you drink what's left in the bottle ;)
  3. In a double boiler or a small bowl atop a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water, melt chocolate chips and butter over high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (about 5-7 minutes).
  4. Pour the melted chocolate into a medium bowl and cool slightly (I waited about a minute). Add sugar, vanilla, salt and the stout.  Mix well with a whisk. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined before adding the next egg.
  5. Fold flour into the mixture and pour into baking pan. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for a minimum of 2 hours.  
  6. Enjoy!




Try it and tell me what you think!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram