The Best Stout Brownies9:11:00 PM
I don't know about you but I love brownies. Delicious, chocolatey, glorious brownies. Over the past few months I've been experimenting with different brownie recipes and I'm ready to share a few of my favorites. First up: the perfectly fudgy and rich stout brownies. I used this recipe from Foodie Crush with a few minor tweeks. Adding a stout to brownies gives it a decadent richness. I promise, you can't taste the beer.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9" X 9" baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Bring the stout to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside to cool. It's okay if you drink what's left in the bottle ;)
- In a double boiler or a small bowl atop a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water, melt chocolate chips and butter over high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted (about 5-7 minutes).
- Pour the melted chocolate into a medium bowl and cool slightly (I waited about a minute). Add sugar, vanilla, salt and the stout. Mix well with a whisk. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined before adding the next egg.
- Fold flour into the mixture and pour into baking pan. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for a minimum of 2 hours.